Selecting a Realtor to Sell your home.
Your most important decision when selling your home is the selection of the person you choose to represent you.
The job of your Realtor is to support you in selling your home with the best possible terms and to keep you informed though out the process.
Your Realtor will explain the process of selling a home, and familiarize you with the various documents and procedures that you will experience throughout the transaction.
Tips For Selecting A Realtor
Your Real Estate Professional should be:
- Knowledgeable in the local laws and trends that would affect the sale of your property
- Highly skilled in negotiating terms and price of an offer with your best interest at heart.
- Access to programs for continued education and certifications.
- Resourceful in attracting potential buyers.
- Knowledgeable in the technology resources that facilitate the transaction.
- Assisted by highly trained support staff.
- Have access to legal counsel.
Developing a Marketing Strategy
In order to sell your home quickly and on with the best possible terms, it’s necessary to prepare your home for the market. This process includes:
- Deciding when to put your home on the market.
- Establishing a reasonable price based on recent comparable sales, local market conditions and your motivation to sell.
- Estimating net proceeds.
- Advising you on how to make your home more appealing to potential buyers.
Marketing Your Property
- Having a “FOR SALE” sign placed prominently on your property. Statics show 50% of calls come from “FOR SALE” signs.
- Installing a lock box to make it easy for agents to show your home.
- Submitting your home to Multiple Listing Service for immediate exposure to the real estate community. This would include the Bay Area MLS service and the Metro MLS service.
- Developing a flyer/brochure highlighting the features and benefits of your home.
- Contacting your neighbors to promote the property.
- Featuring your property on my web site
- Promoting your home with an extensive online internet marketing program.
- Sending online flyers to the Realtors in the area.
Negotiating the Offer
Your Realtor will immediately present and explain all offers to you.
- Protecting you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
- Explaining legal disclosure requirements.
- Explaining how contingencies and release clauses work.
Throughout the negotiation, your Realtor will provide you with a professional, objective point of view; but the final decision of accepting an offer is yours.
After the Offer is Accepted
Once an offer is accepted, your Realtor and staff will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
- Following up on the progress of the buyer’s loan.
- Keep the Seller updated on the progress of the sale.
- Monitoring all contingency removal deadlines.
- Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
- Staying in contact with the buyer’s agent to ensure a smooth escrow.
Closing the Transaction
Finalizing the process includes reviewing all closing documents and being present when you sign your final documents. When the transaction has closed, your Realtor will not disappear. I will be available to answer any questions you may have in the future.